Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I'm Building An Island In My Mind

Last night as I lay in bed, sleep not coming for the second or third night in a row, I decided to stretch my imagination and begin to build an ideal landscape of a small island in my mind. I started with it's geographical coordinates, somewhere in the central Pacific Ocean, South of the Equator. Then I laid out it's shape and topography, 5 points like a star, with one high plateau, a mountain peak and a harbor. I was soon asleep.

I've also begun doing exercises to lucid dream. I don't think I believed that lucid dreaming was really possible - controlling yourself in your dreams, until I did it for the first time a few weeks ago. In my dream I bounded down the street as if the Earth had the gravity of the moon, and I ate onion rings. I felt great when I woke up.

1 comment: